Executive Administrative Assistant / Youth Services
Number of Opportunities:1
Time Required: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
Position Location: Remote
Yogananda Seva, Inc., a California-based religious nonprofit services organization, is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the Co-Operations Managers of SRF Youth Services as well as the functional teams within the department. Youth Services develops and manages programs for Self-Realization Fellowship children, teens, and families globally.
- May help to train and/or orient staff and volunteers.
- May review the work of others.
- Responsible for routine functioning of the SRF Youth Services department, ensuring confidentiality, consistency, and quality of work.
- Responsible to follow SRF’s and YSO’s guidelines, policies, and established processes.
- Contributes to the development of new procedures.
- Expected to solve problems as they arise related to daily processes with minimal direct supervision (e.g., managing workflow, file management, cross collaboration of the functional team, etc.).
- Manages the recruiting and on-boarding process for Youth Services
- Maintains a proactive overview of the entire Youth Services area to manage support requirements of the various programs.
- Monitors and reports the progress of long- and short-term projects to ensure they are on track.
- Monitors volunteers’ engagement and makes recommendations to senior staff as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records.
- May attend meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes and recording minutes.
- Receives incoming communication on behalf of senior staff, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff and volunteers.
- Performs other special assignments as needed.
- Prepares communication on behalf of managers and functional teams.
- Schedules/calendars meetings and events.
- Manages expenses.
- Performs minor accounting duties.
- Generates reports and tracks data.
- Writes and edits emails, drafts memos.
- Assists with proposals.
- May also assist with onboarding and training for Youth Services staff and volunteers.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Skills/Abilities Required or Preferred:
- Ability to consistently honor and continually maintain a strict level of confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with SRF principles and standards.
- Excellent judgment in determining prioritization of work which includes a good understanding of workflow, priorities in the department, and monastic communication protocol.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with all work performed.
- Proficiency in MS Office and familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Asana, Slack, Google Suite
- Good overall computer skills, with basic knowledge of web-based customer service preferred.
- Good command of the English language: grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write executive-level memos and reports. Writing samples will be required.
- Ability to work with different nationalities and a diverse group of worldwide volunteers.
Education and Experience:
- 2-3 years college or business school preferred.
- 3+ years of Executive or Personal Assistant experience.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- High-speed internet access